Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Premiere Date, Cast AnnouncedApril 20, 2017 at 10:00 pm | Posted in Japanese, VRAINS, Yu-Gi-Oh! | Leave a comment
Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS today received its biggest announcements yet with the reveal of its premiere date, a list of its main characters and cast, and a summary of the first episode.
Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS will premiere in Japan on Wednesday, May 10, at 6:25 pm on TV Tokyo. With this, VRAINS will leave the familiar Sunday evening time slot that has been the home to Yu-Gi-Oh! since ZEXAL II began in October 2012.
Yu-Gi-Oh! fans have already met the new protagonist Yusaku Fujiki along with one of his rivals and classmates Go Onizuka and Aoi Zaizen. Today, several new characters and their voice actors got the spotlight. The cast includes mostly up-and-coming voice actors alongside a few big names. Pictured above, from left to right, top to bottom, are:
* Shouya Ishige as Yusaku Fujiki
* Takahiro Sakurai (Reigen Arataka in Mob Psycho 100, Osomatsu in Mr. Osomatsu, Suzaku in Code Geass) as the mysterious creature
* Subaru Kimura (Gian in Doraemon, Kanba Takakura in Penguindrum) as Shoichi Kusanagi
* Chiharu Sawashiro (Takeru Ando in Cheer Boys!!, Natsuki Ise in All Out!!) as Naoki Shima
* Daiki Hamano (Hirokuni Kasuga in All Out!!, Dante Mogro in Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans) as Go Onizuka.
* Yuki Nakashima (Kinako Tanaka in Teekyu) as Aoi Zaizen
* Shouma Yamamoto (V in Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL, Kenshiro Yozakura in Nanbaka) as Akira Zaizen
* Yuna Kamakura as Ema Bessho
* Shunsuke Takeuchi (Yamato Godai in Nanbaka, Producer in The IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) as Revolver.
(Note: The romanized character names are not official and are based on the most common readings of their kanji.)
The series’ producers offered the following summary of the first episode, titled “My Name is Playmaker”:
Den City, the city where the newest network is being developed. That’s where everyone is always dueling in SOL Technology’s VR space “LINK VRAINS.” Protagonist Yusaku Fujiki is a cool high schooler with a very keen eye for observation. To defeat the Knights of Hanoi, who plan to bring down LINK VRAINS, he transforms into his avatar, Playmaker, and duels them in secret. Now, Yusaku learns from Shoichi Kusanagi, a hacker with the same goals as him, that SOL Technology is desperately searching for a mysterious creature. Yusaku realizes the Knights of Hanoi are also after it, so he sets up a trap in the network to capture them.