Yu-Gi-Oh! Transcend Game (Part 1) Printed in Spring 2017 WSJ Jump PackMarch 12, 2017 at 12:00 pm | Posted in Duel Monsters, The Dark Side of Dimensions, Yu-Gi-Oh! | 4 Comments
Tags: manga, scholastic
Fans of Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions definitely won’t want to miss the latest Weekly Shonen Jump print magazine. VIZ Media’s Spring 2017 edition of its WSJ Jump Pack includes the first part of Kazuki Takahashi’s Yu-Gi-Oh! Transcend Game manga — a two-part story that bridges the gap between the end of his Yu-Gi-Oh! manga and the events in DSoD — plus a synopsis of the movie. One-shots like Transcend Game rarely ever get reprinted outside the magazine they originally appear in, even in Japan, so needless to say this is an extra special release from VIZ.
VIZ’s Jump Pack is a semiannual magazine that samples popular Jump manga. It’s printed in a larger trim size (7 by 10 inches) and on better quality paper than a graphic novel, and has a glossy cover. The Spring 2017 issue is available now for $10.99 at Scholastic book fairs being held in numerous schools throughout the U.S. This issue includes:
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Transcend Game, part 1
- Boruto: Naruto Next Generation, chapter 1
- My Hero Academia, chapter 3
- Haikyu!!, chapter 3
And as usual, there are also plenty of extras:
- An Ultra Rare Obelisk the Tormentor Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG card (JMPS-EN004), illustrated and signed by Kazuki Takahashi. This is a reprint of the card included in the January 2010 print issue of SJ.
- A Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG fold-out paper game mat and beginner’s guide.
- A 20-card Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG demo deck that accompanies the guide.
- A coupon for one free Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Starter Deck, redeemable at your local Official Tournament Store (OTS).
- A promo code for $5 off a one-year subscription of Weekly Shonen Jump. (The regular price is $25.99.)
VIZ originally ran Yu-Gi-Oh! Transcend Game in its December 19, 2016, and January 2, 2017 Weekly Shonen Jump digital issues. The company then added both chapters to the free Shonen Jump manga section on its website, where the they were available until March 8.
– Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V in VIZ’s Fall 2016 WSJ Jump Pack