Japan Box Office: Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions Drops Out of Top 10May 24, 2016 at 12:00 am | Posted in Japanese, The Dark Side of Dimensions, Yu-Gi-Oh! | 5 Comments
Tags: box office, movie
Looks like this is going to be it for Japan box office coverage for Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions. The movie held strong at number 7 in the weekly rankings for May 14 through 20, but failed to place in the top 10 this past weekend.
The top 10 movies for the weekend of May 21 through 22 are as follows. (In parentheses are the number of theaters showing the film / number of weeks in theaters.)
- Zootopia (347 / 5)
- The Magnificent Nine (307 / 2)
- If Cats Disappeared From the World (289 / 2)
- Detective Conan: The Darkest Nightmare (348 / 6)
- After the Storm (243 / Debut)
- 64: Part 1 (319 / 3)
- Captain America: Civil War (336 / 4)
- Crayon Shin-chan: Fast Asleep! The Large Attack on the Dreaming World! (339 / 6)
- Girls und Panzer der Film (225 / 27)
- Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin III: Dawn of Rebellion (15 / Debut)
The last of the new Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG promo cards — Mahad the Protector Priest — was handed out on May 20. From May 21 onward, any ticket purchase will include one random card from the previous four weeks, subject to availability as theaters give away whatever stock of cards they have remaining.
Of special note in the rankings this past weekend is Girls und Panzer der Film, the sequel to the TV anime series. The movie has been playing in one form or another during the prior 26 weeks, but rocketed from number 28 to number 9 this past weekend. Behold, the power of fandom.