AnimePlaza’s Full Yu-Gi-Oh! Cafe MenuMarch 23, 2016 at 11:00 am | Posted in Japanese, Other Stuff, Yu-Gi-Oh! | 3 Comments
Tags: animeplaza, cafe
“The Yu-Gi-Oh! Cafe’s complete menu is finally released!” wrote @ad_anipla, the Twitter account of the AnimePlaza store in Ikebukuro, yesterday evening. And what a colorful and meme-tastic menu it turned out to be! Check out the Yu-Gi-Oh! Cafe’s official website (in Japanese) for the full menu and many pretty pictures of the food. Here are some highlights.
Start off your meal with some Blue-Eyes Mountain Coffee, a favorite of Jack Atlas’ at Cafe La Geen.
It includes a bill for 3,000 yen, the same price as in the anime. Yikes, this better be some darn good coffee. It’s limited to 10 cups per day. It also comes with a free sandwich, but is it really free if you’re already paying about $27 for the cup of coffee?!
- Yami Yugi – “Millennium Puzzle Drink” – Grape juice, mixed berries, fresh cream, sponge cake.
- Kaiba – “Burst Stream of Destruction!?” – Blue Curaçao, Calpis (Calpico), Sprite, Ramune sherbet.
- Judai – “Gotcha☆ Let’s Duel!” – Strawberry Curaçao, cola, strawberries, apples, fresh cream.
- Manjome – “Ojamas Have Also Appeared!? Manjome Thunder!” – Chocolate syrup, coffee, milk, banana, Pocky.
- Yusei – “For Now, I’d Like Some Milk…” – Milk.
- Yuma – “Kattobing!” – Blue Curaçao, pink grape syrup, Sprite, kiwi, cherry.
- Yuya – “The Fun Has Just Begun!” – Tomato juice, orange juice, squeezed lime juice, cherry, kiwi.
For the main course, try Anzu Mazaki’s “Tell and You Die” cheeseburger from her days working at Burger World.
Haha, just kidding! Patrons are not threatened with death at the Yu-Gi-Oh! Cafe. That would be very bad for business. Just promise not to reveal her secret… or else…
Other main course foods:
- Kiryu – “This Will Have to Satisfy Me! Kyosuke Kiryu Satisfaction Pasta” – Carbonara sauce, meat sauce with Parmesan cheese, shrimp, squid, tomato.
- Yuma – “Yuma’s Extra Special Duel Meal” – Rice ball, battered and deep-fried shrimp.
- Yuya – “Sakaki Family Pancake” – Hotcakes, pork loin cutlet, tartar sauce, cabbage.
- Jack – “Jack Atlas’ Deluxe Synchro Lunchbox” – Rice, frankfurters, salmon, french fries, meatballs, fried prawns, orange, strawberry, lettuce.
And for dessert, check out the Kuriboh and Winged Kuriboh Mont Blanc.
A Mont Blanc is a popular dessert in Japan and some parts of Europe, but isn’t very common in the U.S. It’s a cake covered with mounds of fluffy, puréed chestnuts. Kuriboh is a regular Mont Blanc while Winged Kuriboh is of the chocolate variety. Aww, they are almost too cute to eat! They include a dollop of fresh cream.
- Johann – “Johann’s Gem Beast Parfait” – Fruit parfait served with vanilla ice cream.
- Astral – “Astral’s Cool Ice Cream” – Mint ice cream, nata de coco, pineapple.
- Reiji – “Reiji’s Trap Sweets – ‘Contract with the Berries'” – Blueberry cake, strawberry sauce.
Well, I’m stuffed. Time to browse the Yu-Gi-Oh! goods at the AnimePlaza shop. They have metal-backed buttons, acrylic keychains, acrylic diorama stands, clear files, and posters. There are so many cute chibi (super deformed) characters!
Update (April 30): Looks like the Yu-Gi-Oh! Cafe is a big hit! Another Yu-Gi-Oh! Cafe is opening in Sapporo, and some delicious new food and drinks have arrived to celebrate the occasion.
– Yu-Gi-Oh! Cafe to Open in Tokyo